Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Long Lost Friend...FOUND!

So there I was in Safeway with Mom and the girls, picking up some hamburger meat and buns for dinner. Mom leans over and says " Is that Robert?". I answer her, "Robert who". She says " You know your friend's dad?" Still confused, she elaborated and then it finally clicked who she was talking about. She tells me to go ask him, not completely sure what I am doing, i follow him. Then ask  him. First he tells me no, quickly smiles and confirms his identity. FINALLY! A means to get in contact with my childhood best friend. His other daughter wastes no time getting my information and promptly calls her sister. By the end of our impromptu grocery trip I have been re-united with Jenny.

Things happen in the oddest ways, but you have to be thankful when opportunities are given. I have been searching for this girl for years, like at least 10! I thought i was close once. A co worker at the Scrapbook store happened to know her, I discovered this by accident. We were talking and she mentioned she graduated Los Banos Highschool in 2002. So I tell her that I had a friend who went there and would have graduated in 2003. One thing led to another and it turned out they rode the bus together or something like that. Small world. She was supposed to get me in touch with her then but sadly it never happened.

I search Facebook to no avail. I tried every name I knew her by. Nothing. I had forgotten that her name was spelled Jeniffer. Dammit.

So after a chance encounter at the super market we  have  finally reconnected. We texted off and on for a couple of hours that night, and tonight we'll actually talk face to face thanks to modern technologies. I'm pretty stoked.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I know how awesome Jenni was as a friend and I'm glad you'll be able to reconnect :)

    ReplyDelete