Saturday, May 14, 2011

I hate Maternity Clothes!

Okay first off, I barrowed the title; secondly, it's so true.

So I was out shopping, specifically for a swimsuit for my upcoming disney trip. And I've had a hell of a time finding something that either looks decent, and doesn't cost a small fortune. Conclusion: That just doesn't exist. I looked at the maternity outlet, ross, Kohls, and target here in town. Nothing. Ross didn't have maternity suits, neither did Kohls, the maternity store had terribly ugly and expensive ones, and Target's just left an awful taste in my mouth. I came home with one shirt I got at Ross. Feeling defeated I tried it on, and that damn thing doesn't fit!

I think the clothes is the one thing I hate most about being pregnant. It's like we are a forgotten people. What do we get to wear? Ugly tent like shirts, and pants with a stretchy panel that don't stay up? It's times like these I wish I knew how to sew. At least that way I could create something that is stylish and fits. Don't get me wrong, there are some cute stuff out there for maternity wear, but I swear you have to have lots of money to spend. I don't have the kind of money to spend on a new wardrobe that will only fit me for a few months. I also happen to think that's just stupid. Why does affordable have to also mean ugly?

When I got home from shopping the other day I found this article in my news feed. Fitting. http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/i-hate-maternity-clothes/

2 comments:

  1. I always thought preggers had the most adorable clothes- am I blind? :) How often can you wear a stretchy tank with footless tights and a flower and still feel gorgeous! :) Hmm...maybe you SHOULD sew. P.S. Do you have some colors youre NOT wanting for this little lady?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is how i feel about them. They are all cute until you actually have to wear them, then suddenly all the cute ones disappear. I remember walking by Motherhood years ago thinking they were all so cute. Then I had to wear them and I swear that they dress the mannequins in all the cute stuff just to get you in the store, and then once your in you can't find any of it in the store. Or maybe this is just another thing you get to blame the hormones on. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete