Monday, December 17, 2012

Going Away Party

Last night was Cortney's going away party. She's set to leave for Washington with Andrew,her boyfriend, come December 27th or 28th. It was a pretty good party, low key, with family and friends there to see her off. I'm not going to lie, I was the first to cry. I don't know exactly what spurred it, but I was the first one to shed a tear. And before I knew it, Cortney, Nana, Mom, and eventually Pam joined in too. 

Its not goodbye, I know that. It's just that she's not going to be here to hang out with. I'm losing my mall partner, and do nothing with friend. It's like losing my best friend all over again. I haven't felt like this since 2003. It hurts, but I know it will get better. 








3 comments:

  1. Is Cortney leaving to live there? (PS you look great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she going to school there. She's been accepted to a university in West Richland, but she's going to enroll in the Community college and take a class here and there until she gets residency- to avoid the higher tuition fees. Her boyfriend lives there so she's also moving in with him.

    ReplyDelete