Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back in the Saddle

Since January and February had left the family sick most of the time,  I decided it was time to jump back on the exercise train. I took the lead from Jessica, and put together a work out calendar for the month as motivation. I actually do better when I have things scheduled out. I stuck with it for about half of the month. I think I over estimated my energy levels, but I did make it to the gym two to three times a week. 

To change up the workouts at the gym I tried a Spin class. Although it hurt the first time, I'm hooked! I love it!  The hour goes by pretty fast, and the calorie burn is pretty awesome too!

I know this seems silly, but I'm finally starting to see my self as thinner. Maybe it's more apparent to me because all of my clothes are a little too big now. But I also see it in photos of me, sometimes I do a double take, not sure who the girl in the photo is. It feels amazing, and I'm not gonna lie, I do like the compliments. Keep 'em coming people, it's motivation to keep working out.

In March I did something I never do, I don't even enjoy it. I went swim suit shopping. I didn't hate what I saw. I just wasn't completely comfortable in it. I'm still pretty self conscious. I probably looked better in it than I thought.( We are our own worst critics) But I see little imperfections and think to my self, what if someone else see me in this and thinks it's gross. So I left without buying anything. A couple days later I bought one online from a specialty shop. I also bought a cute dress from them too! And then I went shopping with Annaleese and bought another summer dress. 

So here's to a Happy Healthy April! I'm ready to get my body even more bikini ready.

(Sorry if this is all over the place.)

Here's what I bought:




4 comments:

  1. I think it's very true that we're our worst critics. Truth is once you start to lose weight it's hard to not ALWAYS want to lose more. :) Make sure you're fit/healthy and not just skinny. I know it's hard work (god do I know!) but I'm so proud of you for sticking with a plan (2-3 times a week is amazing for a stay at home mom of 2 active ladies!) And I just KNOW you'll rock the beach (or backyard!) in that adorable bikini. P.S. Glad we can hold each other accountable for our goals even though we're far away. You're my one friend who actually sticks with it! *High Stink'in Five!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about wanting to lose more. Truthfully I'd like to go down one more pant size, just to see if I could do it. My focus this month is to start conditioning/toning, especially the legs and abdominals, and butt. And with that I may just make my goal even if I don't lose any more weight. I'm pretty happy with where I am and would be okay if the numbers didn't drop any further! I'm glad you are sticking with it too! It's nice for the support. I've also been trying to keep up on it so that Annaleese and Peyton can start forming healthy habits! I even scheduled park time on my workout sheet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you planned park time...I can relate by adding dog walk time (although Harper does run with me!):-) I'd like to drop solidly one more size and I'd be good too :) We should save some moneys (I know it's hard!) and go co-shopping when we hit our goal! Whenever that may be.

      Delete