Saturday, April 23, 2011

Party Prep

Yesterday well into last night was spent prepping for today's Easter Party. Started at the store shopping for last minute items, of course, and some things I wanted to wait to get. I then spent an hour stuffing eggs for the hunt. Then started in on the cleaning. I cleaned the kitchen top to bottom, including the microwave, the front of the oven , all of the counters and mopped the floors. I cleaned the bathroom very well. Folded laundry, and finally went to bed. As I was doing all of this , I asked my self why I was going through all the trouble. The answer : It's how I grew up. It's what I witnessed my mom do days before parties, and the week before relatives visit. It's laughable, to me because who's going to look that closely at my microwave? Is anyone going to inspect the toilet? And the answer is most likely no, but then there are people like me, who do notice that. So even after having this conversation in my head, I continued the cleaning and prepping this morning, dusting, cleaning windows, vacuuming floors, sweeping the kitchen again, cleaning the rabbit's cage , cleaning up the patio area- which hubs took over thank goodness. I did all of this knowing , that all of the hours of work I put in would be undone in less that an hour of the party guests arriving. I guess it's mostly for self satisfaction. I knew how clean it was and the effort put forth.

The party was nice, the food was great! Nana brought all kinds of goodies, and dad's smoke turkey made great tasting sandwiches. This kids colored eggs, and hunted for the yummy candy and toy filled ones outside. And after another half hour of cleaning my kitchen was returned to the basic clean I like. lol.

1 comment:

  1. It's so true that we compulsively clean before company- I do it too! Although I must admit I do not scrub my microwave and well..probably should. Ha! So glad the party was a hit! Super cool Mom, you.

    ReplyDelete