Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In an Instant

It's no secret that life can change in just a instant, you don't always know when or why. It's just a fact of life.

Last Sunday a friend of mine was in a pretty bad car accident. I saw the photo she posted on facebook, and first thought " wow, that's pretty damaged, and everyone survived?" I didn't know until recently that the car spun out and rolled three times, and that she was inside the car when all of this happened. She and her boyfriends cousin were the most injured. No major injuries, but scary all the same.

As she was describing the accident to me, I was looking at the photo, and couldn't help but tear up. It's one thing to look at photos like that, and another to know a person you care about was part of that. I am glad that she and her friends came out survivors. And have a little better appreciation for life, it can change in an instant. It shouldn't take accidents or other events to make a person realize this, but usually that is the only way we see it.

I tried to post the photo on here, but I wasn't able to. If you are a friend of this friend on facebook you can go to her page and check it out. Makes you think.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that the truth. I'm glad she's alright- but it's terrifying to think this happens everyday.

    ReplyDelete