Friday, January 27, 2012

Hello Sunshine....

Well I have a kind of answer to my diet/exercise frustration. My blood work came back and showed two things, one I suspected and the other was news to me. I am borderline or mildly hypothyroid. Meaning that my thyroid gland is not producing enough hormone needed to regulate my metabolism among other things. So for now I get to wait it out for two weeks and have blood retested. If the same result occurs or the numbers are lower then I will most likely have to consider taking medication (likely for life) to correct the imbalance. The blood work also revealed that I am vitamin D deficeint. My levels are well below the normal low range. So for the next 8 weeks I get to take a perscription vitamin D supplement then an over the counter one to regulate that. Also, I need to get some more sun- which is really not my favorite thing to do.

I guess I will continue to exercise and eat right and hope that with,or without medication my body corrects it's self and I can start seeing the results of my efforts. I knew something was off.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I really should read your posts in order- ha! Well I'm glad you've been given some information. Not like sun? Oh man- I must have been in OR to long because what I wouldn't GIVE for some sun. Ha! Vit D is a big one- I noticed my energy levels were slumping and started a multi vitamin that seems to be helping a lot with my energy and immunity system. Anyway- YEAH for answers. I need to go in and see if I'm diabetic. Not fun either. :)

    ReplyDelete